Thursday, August 10, 2017

Blogger Hell Part 2

Continued from previous blog (no kidding?).....

Where does my time go? Seemingly two places. There is the Motorcycle Men Podcast that I am the creator/writer/researcher /editor and Host of and there is the TV time with the Mrs. We are currently sucked into about 6 shows, one of which we are binge watching. While the tube time might not be the best or most constructive way to use my time, it is time with the little woman and well, you can't go wrong with that.

The Podcast has been my baby for two and a half years at this point. My co-hosts (my brothers) and I do a studio show where the three of us get together and try to follow a script of topics for an hour and a half and we do this every two weeks. On the weeks in between, I usually do an interview show in my home studio via Skype with Authors, industry professionals, other bloggers, other podcasters, entertainers and whoever else is connected to motorcycles. And with 106 episodes under my belt, I have developed quite the following and quite the reputation among motorcycle Podcasters. So why give up that fame and invisible Podcast dollars?

Sugar waits for the ride home
It takes a lot of my time. Not really. I do have time, but I am avoiding it. I don't know why.  But, now that I have a job and I do sit at a picnic table with my Surface Pro 3, an internet connection, there is no reason that I cannot pursue this blog....or the other one I started.... or the book I haven't finished.

So while I split my commuting duties between my new Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and my trusty 2003 Heritage, I have an hour to think about what I'm going to write about. No excuses this time.  None. Zero.

Will I follow through? Will I continue to tell stories about the road from two wheels? I will, frequency to be determined BUT will improve. You may see a change though, where I focus all of my writing towards motorcycling. This in an effort to boost Podcast ratings. Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment